Big Brother Mzansi and Big Brother Naija have been merged to become one called Big Brother Titans. The new season of Big Brother Titans will feature housemates from South Africa and Nigeria all in one Big Brother house. Auditioning for housemates is currently on and will run from October 6th to October 22nd, 2022. Interested applicants should follow the guidelines listed below before applying to become a housemate. Only successful applicants will be contacted for the next phase of the audition process.
Here are the guidelines. Please read thoroughly.
Eligibility/Requirements for BBMzansi / BBTitans Audition
- If you are selected by the Producers for the next phase of the auditions, you must avail yourself for a possible video interview.
- If you are selected for the next phase, you will be contacted via email. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email to see if you qualify.
- If you are selected by the Producers for an interview, you must be willing to travel to Lagos
- if based in Nigeria and to Johannesburg if based in South Africa at a time as scheduled by the Producers in their sole discretion for the final selection process.
- You must be willing to live in the Big Brother house regardless of where it may be located; with approximately a dozen or more strangers where you will have little or no privacy.
- If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence.
- The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week in every room and space in the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producers as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
- One participant will receive the grand prize (subject to change at the Producers’ and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion).
- You must be at least 21 years of age by 30th October 2022.
- You must be a South African or Nigerian citizen or permanent resident of either South Africa or Nigeria as of 30th of October, 2022 and in possession of a valid identity document.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview), any further application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires), or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification) as well as a Medical History form.
- If selected as you may be required to sign Agreement & Release, Confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement; undergo psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests and other additional information as required by Producers.
- You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by Producers’ selected medical professional(s) in Lagos and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- By applying for participation in Big Brother, you authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers. Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Broadcaster, Producers and any sponsor of the Program or a contest or prize related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother or participate in the application process.
Tips For Video Recording Submission Guidelines:
Follow the simple steps below to apply for the Big Brother auditions:
- Make a video of yourself and save it on your computer or mobile device before starting your application.
- Submit your video for assessment.
This is your casting video and must strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
Big Brother Producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
- Video must be maximum 3 minutes in length.
- The maximum 3-minute video should end with you completing the sentence “I would make a perfect housemate because...”
- Video must contain your Name, E-mail and Phone Number clearly stated.
- Avoid all forms of filters, special video effects, copyrighted music and background music.
- Be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person. How will your life experience help you win Big Brother? How will you interact with the other housemates? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples. We love a good story!
- Making a casting video is not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes. We’re looking for real people and we want to see the real you.
- If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on Big Brother. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you win the show.
- Hold camera steady.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- Your video may be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producers reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in their sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire applicant pool. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which they conduct participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.
Here is the information you need to have at hand before filling the form.
- First Name
- Other Name
- Preferred Big Brother Nickname
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residence
- Relationship Status
- Next of Kin
- Relationship to the next of kin
- Phone number of next of kin
- Confidant/Best Friend
- Phone number of Best Friend
- Other Family Member
- Relationship to Family Member
- Phone number of Family Member
- Other Confidant/Close Friend
- Phone number of Close Friend
- Means of Identification (ID/Password) (e.g. passport/id/drivers license)
- Identification Number
- A photo of yourself (Up to 20Mb)
- Photo of identification (e.g. passport/id/drivers license) (Up to 30Mb)
- 3 minutes video of yourself
(Please ensure that all contact numbers provided are active. Inactive contact may automatically nullify your application. Also, ensure that contact addresses provided are up-to-date).
How to Apply for Big Brother Mzansi Audition 2023
Interested applicants should click on the link below to apply. Note that application form is free South Africa and Nigerian Citizens.
The Big Brother Titan application form is available for a two weeks duration and will close on 22nd October, 2022.