DSTV has decided to reward its active subscribers who are interested in auditioning for the season 6 of the Big Brother Naija reality show.
To be among the first applicants to audition for the season 6 of the Big Brother Naija reality show, you must be an active DSTV or GOTV subscriber.
If you are an active subscriber, follow the steps below to qualify for the audition.
- You must pay or renew your DSTV or GOTV subscription in any of the following bouquets between 24th to 31st March, 2021. The packages include DSTV premium, DSTV compact plus, DSTV compact, DSTV confam, DSTV yanga or GOTV max or jolli.
- Send an email to [email protected] with your smart card or IUC number to receive your unique website link to complete registration.
- Your audition will include a 2-minutes video telling Big Brother why you deserve to be a housemate.
- You must be 21 years or older by June, 2021 with a valid identity document. NIMC card, passport, voters card or driver’s license will be accepted.
NOTE: If you are not in Nigeria or you do not have a DSTV or GOTV decoder, kindly wait for the online application form for BBNaija audition. The online audition form will be out soon.
If you are selected by the producers for the next phase of the auditions, you must avail yourself for a possible video interview. If you are selected for the next phase, you will be contacted via email. Make sure your email address is correct and check your email to see if you qualify. All selected applicants would receive their email once the audition phase is complete. If you do not receive an email by the date, you have not been selected.
If you are selected by the Producer for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel to Lagos at a time as scheduled by the Producer in its sole discretion for the final selection process. Economy travel and hotel accommodations will be arranged and paid for by the Producer.
You must be willing to live in the Big Brother Naija house located in Lagos with approximately a dozen or more strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence.
The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week in every room and space in the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producer as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
One participant will receive the grand prize (subject to change at the Producer’s and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion).
- You must be at least 21 years of age by June 1, 2021
- You must be a Nigerian citizen or permanent resident of Nigeria as of June 1, 2021 and in possession of a valid identity document.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- Active DStv & Gotv subscribers are eligible
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Lagos), any further application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires), or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification) as well as a Medical History form.
- If selected as a Semi-Finalist you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producer and will include but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests), confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by Producer.
- You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by Producer-selected medical professional(s) in Lagos selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
By applying for participation in Big Brother Naija, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer. Employees, officers, directors and agents of any sponsor of the Program or a contest or prize related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother Naija or participate in the application process.
VIDEO CASTING SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Follow the simple steps below to apply for the Big Brother auditions:
- . Make a video of yourself and save it on your computer or mobile device before starting your application.
- Submit your video for assessment.
This is your casting video and must strictly adhere to the following guidelines: Big Brother Naija producers are looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 100 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
- Video must be maximum 2 minutes in length.
- The maximum 2–minute video should end with you completing the sentence “I would make a perfect housemate because…”
- Video must contain your Name, E-mail and Phone Number clearly stated.
- Avoid all forms of filters, special video effects, copyrighted music and background music.
- Be yourself! We want to get to know who you are as a person. How will your life experience help you win Big Brother? How will you interact with the other housemates? When describing yourself, remember to cite real life examples. We love a good story!
- Making a casting video is not about putting together the best skit or wearing the wackiest costumes. We’re looking for real people and we want to see the real you.
- If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on Big Brother. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you win the show.
- Hold camera steady.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying. Your video may be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV.
Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style. If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producers shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producers shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producers reserve the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producers reserve the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire applicant pool. Producers also reserve the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother at all.
ONLINE FORM REQUIREMENTS:
- Contact (Email, Mobile Number, Physical Contact)
- Brief Bio of Applicant
- Eligibility Requirement.
- Date of Birth
- State of Residence
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- DStv Smart number & GOtv IUC number